Wholewheat Pumpkin Walnut Struesel Cake | The White Ramekins
Tiny Tarts (heh)
- 150g silken tofu (the Japanese, non-refrigerated stuff is best)
- 160ml orange juice *concentrate*, not juice
- tablespoon of lemon juice
- tablespoon of Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- 1/3 cup passionfruit pulp
1. Blend the tofu, lemon juice, alcohol and 100ml of concentrate together. If you’re not using the Japanese-style tofu it might be good to let the mix sit for a few days to infuse the flavours better into the tofu.
2. Boil the remaining 60ml of concentrate with 100ml water and dissolve the agar agar powder into the hot liquid. Boil for a few minutes then let it cool slightly. Add this to the tofu mixture and stir in the passionfruit (make sure the tofu is at room temperature, not warm, otherwise the agar will form lumps).
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whisk together the flour, sugar and coconut, then knead in the oil and vanilla with your hands, adding water a little bit at a time to make a dough. Roll it out and use a cookie cutter to cut tiny rounds and press these into a mini muffin pan. Bake at 170’C for 5 minutes. Let them cool in the pan then pop them out.
Spoon 2 teaspoons(ish) of filling into each shell and refrigerate for a few hours, the filling should set to a mousse consistency.